Aloha

I am so glad you can be a part of our Hawaiian adventure.
Enjoy! --Kristine

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Poipu Beach

Today is the last full day that my parents will be on Kauai, so we decided to hit Poipu Beach this morning for one last time before they go. We arrived around 9:30 am and the sun was already warm and the beach was filling up with people. Benjamin and Alice spent two straight hours swimming around.

Tag has been taking Benji snorkeling in the shallow rocky areas, and he has been getting very comfortable with wearing a mask and fins. In the mean time, Alice likes to lay down on her tummy in the shallow water and crawl around as a "baby seal." Sometimes I have to join her as the "mama seal," which gives me a great chance to work on tanning the backs of my legs.

Our friend from grad school, Michelle, arrives tonight from DC. She'll be just in time for an advance birthday party for me and Tag (both April birthdays). We're having cake with the whole family tonight, and I know that will make for some happy kiddos.

I'm attaching some photos from the past couple of days' adventures. I could not keep up with blogging about all of the excitement because Tag and I were busy beating Mom and Dad at Scrabble at night (and teaching Dad some new words). Plus, one evening we had a lovely date night at Postcards Cafe in Hanalei.  It was great to have some quiet time, and visit a place that is special to us.  I've been dreaming about their food ever since we went there on our honeymoon and it lived up to my high expectations.

Kiluea Lighthouse was part of the north shore tour

Mom Mom with her sweeties

Pretty blue water on the north side

Whole family hanging in the water

Snack time is an important part of the morning-- they turn into sand sharks without it!

In the yard yesterday

Alice this morning
Dad visiting the falls near our house. If he started wearing a coconut on his head and a grass skirt he could get a job greeting the tour buses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment